Who we are and what we believe
Welcome to Gofal! We are a leading Welsh mental health and wellbeing charity. We provide a wide range of services to people with mental health problems, supporting their independence, recovery, health and wellbeing. We also lobby to improve mental health policy, practice and legislation, as well as campaigning to increase public understanding of mental health and wellbeing.
We know that people with mental health problems can and do live fulfilled lives. This is why we exist and continue to work towards our vision of 'Good mental health and wellbeing for all'.
To have a positive and lasting impact in all that we do:
- Working together to provide services that we can be proud of
- Ensuring that the voice of people using our services has a real and meaningful influence on our work
- Demonstrating outstanding practice in relation to staff mental health and wellbeing, learning and development
- Challenging the way we all think about, talk about and respond to mental health and wellbeing in all areas of our lives
- Using our profile, influence and voice to improve legislation, policy and practice
- Increasing the range and reach of our services through collaboration and targeted and sustainable business growth
- Spending our money where it will have the maximum impact
Our aspirations underpin all that we do and govern our internal and external behaviour. We aspire to:
- Work with integrity and dignity;
- Inspire and support people to exceed their expectations;
- Develop a culture that is embracing and respectful of difference;
- Communicate honestly and openly;
- Be an organisation that is ambitious, creative and determined;
- Create environments that are collaborative, supportive and empowering;
- Be respected for our knowledge and expertise
Each year we work with over two thousand people supporting each of them to effectively manage their mental health and make long-lasting changes in the areas of their lives that are currently not working for them. Our 'whole-person' philosophy to recovery underpins all our services and projects, which are grouped into the following areas: Crisis Intervention; Home and Family Support; Skills, Learning and Employment; Community Wellbeing.
We know that one of the biggest barriers to good mental health and wellbeing is the continued stigma and discrimination that people with mental health problems face in all areas of life. This is why we actively campaign to end stigma and discrimination, increase public understanding of mental health and wellbeing and lobby to improve mental health policy, practice and legislation. We want everyone to start thinking differently about mental health and wellbeing.