We take our staff health and wellbeing very seriously, and as a mental health and wellbeing charity, we aim to be an exemplar of good practice in our employment practices. We have achieved the Investors in People standard and we are signatories to the mindful employer charter and are committed to ensuring that we look after the mental health and wellbeing of our staff. In pursuit of this, we established a staff wellbeing group in 2011, which has developed the following ten bullet-point 'Commitment to Staff Wellbeing'. Each bullet point reflects what our staff feel are the most important contributors to their workplace wellbeing.
We measure our performance in all of these areas through the use of annual staff surveys and we use the results to inform plans for continuous improvement and development.
Our Commitment to Staff Wellbeing
We aspire to be an organisation that:
- Values and recognises individuals’ contribution to Gofal’s work;
- Has a culture where all staff feel connected to the organisation’s mission, vision and aspirations;
- Manages change in such a way that people feel fully informed and supported;
- Is transparent, open and honest in its communication with staff;
- Promotes and facilitates a worklife balance for all staff;
- Provides comfortable and welcoming environments for people to work in;
- Provides opportunities for personal and professional development for all;
- Values and respects everyone that works for us as an individual;
- Recognises and provides support for life stresses;
- Where people feel able to talk about their own mental health and be confident that they are listened to and supported.